Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to create a username and password to take the courses?
Yes, you will need to create a profile (user account) before you can enrol in any of the courses.
2. How do I enrol?
See How to Enrol.
3. Do you have video tutorials?
There are videos which are part of the tutorials but the tutorials are mostly reading-based.
4. Can I take a course as soon as I pay money for the course?
Yes, you can. As soon as payment has been received, you will be enrolled in the course.
5. Do you have safe system for paying money online to the website?
Yes, the payment system is PayPal. You can also use a credit or debit card with PayPal. Note: You do not need a PayPal account to make payments.
6. Which browser works best?
I've found that Firefox is the best browser to use with any Moodle site. All other browsers should work fine, but if you are having any difficulty viewing the page, please check your Zoom and adjust it using "Command +" or "Command -" ("Control +" and "Control -" on a PC) or re-set it to zero using "Command 0" (or "Control 0") on your keyboard. If you have any viewing issues, please contact email@example.com.
1. Do I need to buy any other materials , e.g. books, to study with you?
No - you do not need to buy any other materials. I recommend some other materials on my website, but these are optional, not compulsory.
2. What does "teacher support" mean?
This means that a teacher follows your progress as you complete every activity. You work through the tutorials by yourself and every time you complete an activity (such as a tutorial), your tutor is automatically sent an email, which means they then go into your course and check your work. They make comments and suggestions for changes as necessary. All correspondence is by email and messaging through the website.
YouTube: Course Demo - Student (1.29)
This is what the student does in the e-Course for Writing Task 2. You can see that the student can check their answers and make changes before submitting.
YouTube: Grading Demo - Teacher (1:14)
This is what the teacher does when they grade and give feedback.
YouTube: Feedback Demo - Student (0:30)
This is what the student sees after the teacher has finished grading and giving feedback.
3. What is the timetable for studying?
There are no scheduled dates for writing tutorials - you choose your own times and work through the tutorials at your own pace.
4. Do the 10 tutorials include essay writing practice?
Yes, it includes practice of 6 Task 2 essays.
1. Do you use Skype?
Yes, I use Skype for the Speaking tutorials.
2. What is the timetable for studying?
Your tutor will contact you to arrange a mutually agreeable timetable.
1. Will you make corrections and give advice about how to get a higher score?
Yes. You can see an example of my grading for writing here.
2. Do I send my writing tasks by e-mail?
Please either upload to the course website or send by email.
3. How many days later do you give feed back?
Feedback is given within 48 hours (excluding weekends)
4. For the "package" of 3, can I send my writing tasks one by one or do I have to send all 3 at once?
Yes, you can send them one by one. You don't have to send all 3 at once.